Basic Aquaponics DIY starter kit consists of
- 800Lt fish tank (from recon food A-Grade Flowbin™)
- 200Lt grow bed (from recon food A-Grade Flowbin™)
- Draining syphon (for timer system)
- Water pump, piping & fittings
- Air pump, piping & air stones
- Easy to set up manual within 10min
Optional Extra available for Aquaponics basic DIY starter kit:
- Fish solids filter
- Upgrade pressure pump
- Upgrade to new food grade Flowbin™ at R3010 ex vat per unit extra.
What is Aquaponics?
Aquaponics is a sustainable farming method that combines aquaculture (the cultivation of aquatic organisms like fish) with hydroponics (the growing of plants in nutrient-rich water without soil). This combination creates biological processes that occur in both systems to create a closed-loop environment where fish and plants thrive together.